Anti Wrinkle Treatments
Anti-wrinkle injections using Botulinum Toxin Type A (Botox) is the most popular treatment in the UK. This is a quick, safe and simple procedure involving muscle relaxing injections. It can be used to smooth out those lines and wrinkles on the frown between the eye brows, forehead lines, crows feet, bunny lines, as well as many other lower face areas giving you a more relaxed and youthful appearance . It is also used in the treatment for Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). Botox is a prescription only medicine and should be considered a medical procedure and carried out by a qualified medical professional. All clients need to be assessed by a medical professional prior to treatments.
Additional Areas i.e Bunny Lines, Upper Lip, Chin
Botox® is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacteria. It was developed during the 1970s – 1980s to treat blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids) and strabismus (squint). In 1997 it achieved FDA approval for cosmetic use in the USA and by 2006 was granted a license by the MHRA in the UK for the treatment of frown lines. Worldwide, now more than 3 million Botox® treatments take place per year.
- The skin appears dramatically smoother
- Facial lines disappear or diminish dramatically in just a few days
- The creation of more wrinkles is prevented
- Normal activities can be resumed immediately
- It only takes 2-3 days for the injections to begin to take effect and 2-3 weeks for full effect
We use a variety of Botulinum toxins – generally Botox, Azzalure and Bocouture. This is because different people react differently to different products so we like to have options for all our clients.
- Frown lines between the brows
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Bunny lines on the nose
- Lip area and corners of the mouth usually in conjunction with Dermal Fillers
- Small area of redness at treatment site lasting 2-3 hours (common)
- Bruising / swelling of treatment area (less common)
- Dull heavy sensation +/- occasional headache (less common)
- Ptosis (droop) of eyebrow or eyelid (rare)
- Gently exercise the treatment areas by frowning, smiling, squinting and lifting the eyebrows occasionally – this will optimise your result
- DO NOT rub or massage the treatment areas – this may increase the risk of complications by spreading the product
- AVOID alcohol, aspirin and ibuprofen for 24 hours which can increase the risk of bruising and swelling
- AVOID lying flat or bending down excessively
- AVOID very strenuous physical activity